A Beautiful Bookshop / Uma Livraria Original


Just take a look at this wonderful bookshop I've been to this week. I found it on the web, when looking for bookshops in Brussels, in the vicinity of the area where I was travelling to for work. You can imagine how happy I was when I found this Librairie Ptyx was located just around the corner of the street where I was going to stay!

I thought its name, "ptyx", was a pun with the French word "petit" (small) but the nice guy working there told me it was instead a word with no actual meaning, taken from a famous and mysterious sonnet from XIXth century French poet Stéphane Mallarmé, the "sonnet in x".

My TBR pile now has two more books:
La Place de l'étoile | Patrick Modiano, which I am currently reading
Le Petit Nicolas et ses Copains | Sempé and Gosciny

* * *

Vejam só a livraria tão bonita onde estive esta semana. Encontrei-a na internet, quando andava, precisamente, à procura de livrarias nas imediações do bairro de Bruxelas para onde teria que viajar em trabalho. Podem imaginar como fiquei contente ao encontrar esta original Librairie Ptyx, a poucos metros do sítio onde iria ficar alojada!

Pensei que o nome "ptyx" fosse um trocadilho com a palavra francesa "petit" (pequeno/a), mas o simpático funcionário disse-me que não, trata-se de uma palavra sem um significado próprio, retirada de um soneto enigmático do poeta francês do séc. XIX, Stéphane Mallarmé, o "soneto em x".

E pronto, a minha pilha de livros a ler já tem mais dois livros:
La Place de l'étoile | Patrick Modiano, que comecei entretanto a ler
Le Petit Nicolas et ses Copains | Sempé and Gosciny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leituras de Junho / June reads

Bedtime stories - to read or not to read them to your children / Histórias antes de deitar - sim ou não?

Book Dreams / Sonhos com Livros